Friday, July 01, 2011

A Word about My Backlist

Readers: Over the next few weeks, you may notice my deep Jennifer Ashley backlist no longer available in Kindle, Nook, and other e-editions. (EXCEPT MACKENZIES and SHIFTERS! Those are safe!!!!).

This is because I am getting the rights back from my former publisher, Dorchester. I will be putting the titles up independently on Kindle, Nook, and other vendors through Smashwords. Because I have about a gazillion books (ok, I think ten books and four novellas), it's going to take some time.

It's not a question of slapping them up there--I need to commission new covers, re-edit the original files, and get them proofread. Please be patient with me! I will put each book up as soon as it's finished and announce when it's available. I am working on a publishing schedule so you'll know what's coming when.

Thank you for supporting these books over the years, and I hope to soon make them available to you again. At new lower prices!! :-)

Jennifer

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Blogger Aurian said...

That is good news Jennifer, I do hope you will profit more yourself this time. But it does sound like a lot of work, I'd be happy to help you with the proofreading though, I've loved all those books.

 
At 10:15 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

Color me relieved! I just recommended the Nvengaria books to a friend and went to find the Kindle editions, and had a few days of panic. I sent her to Captain Lacey instead, for now. :D

 
At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Laurence Brown said...

Happy for you Jennifer! good luck with all the Kindle's, Nook's and other vendors

 
At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

Hi Jennifer - I've been not so patiently waiting for months for Cameron's book and the day is finally here, but I just went to buy the Kindle version and noticed it's not available to Canadian customers. :( Is this an issue with your publisher? Of course I'll pick up the paperback version but I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I can't wait to read the book!

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Kate: I'm sorry about Many Sins of Lord Cameron. I believe this is a publisher thing (rights issues)--for some reason, they don't make the Kindle books on the U.S. site available outside the US. I have no clue why, and it annoys me, but it's a publisher / vendor thing, and I have to grit my teeth and apologize.

One reason I am liking indie pubbing is that I can make my books available worldwide! Which I am doing with my backlist. (see http://www.jennifersromances.com/NewSite/ebookreleases.html for the current schedule... will update that as I have more data.)

 
At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Dale said...

Will the Mad Bad Duke ever be re-issued in paperback form? I have it in ePub form on my eReader but would dearly love to have it on my bookshelves.... still love books rather than eReaders, I'm afraid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home