Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Writing dilemmas

I woke up this morning realizing that the hero in my current manuscript all wrong.

Which is a bummer because I wanted to finish the proposal this week and send it off to my agent. I had fifty pages already!

But he's just wrong. So I'm starting over. Fortunately, I can save some of the funny bits, so I don't have to flush all fifty pages.

What was the problem? He was too normal! Can't have that! He's going to be more like my hero in The Pirate Next Door, though not quite.

Also the tension between the hero and the heroine just wasn't there. It has to sizzle sizzle sizzle.

Started writing again this morning, and it's already sizzling.

Sometimes you do have to cut off your arm and grow a new one. It hurts, but it's necessary.

Back to writing...

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home