Monday, November 06, 2006

Shindig

This weekend a local library hosted a shindig--or rather an all-day writer's workshop put on by my local chapter, which went very well. I sat on a Q&A panel, and Diana Gabaldon was the keynote speaker. It was very sweet of her to come out and talk on a cool, sunny Saturday! (we like it when the weather gets cool here)

Her talk gave me some good insight on how to improve my own writing, which I'm always striving to do. I love to listen to what the successful writers have to say, because they've been there, done that, and I appreciate them taking time to help out. Pearls of wisdom. I need them!

I've also just betrayed here that I'm a huge Firefly fan, but I think everyone knew that already.

Shiny.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM , Blogger Marg said...

I would LOVE to hear Diana Gabaldon speak!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

She is a very good speaker and has wonderful insights about writing and books. When she described her nearing-deadline frenzy, I leaned to my husband and whispered "see? It's not just me!"

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Spotlight-On WM said...

She's an EXCELLENT speaker, very funny, intelligent, wry - just like her writing. I've posted some YouTube videos I found of DG on my blog that were done at the 2006 Decatur Book Festival if anyone wants to hear her speak: http://booksforallreasons.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home