Thursday, September 12, 2013

Untamed Mackenzie and Future of the Series



Thanks everyone for the support on release day of Untamed Mackenzie. I'm always freaked out on release day!

Want to update everyone on the Mackenzies: Daniel's book (out Oct 1) is NOT the last. I will do a novella and novel about the remaining McBride brothers (teaser for Sinclair is at end of Daniel's book). Then I want to do a novella about the Mackenzies' wild Scotsman ancestor, Malcolm, who was the only one of his five brothers to survive Culloden, and who steals his bride from an English family.

Then I plan to "end" the series with a book set a little forward in time, featuring the entire family.

Now, this is all tentative at this point--and who knows, Berkley might ask me for more. And down the road, I might self-pub more looks into the family.

I started this series thinking of it more as a family saga than yer average loosely connected series of typical historical romances. The family (and offshoots) are one unit to me; the books installments in their history.

I don't want to pound the series into the ground until we're all sick of it, but I do have a little more to explore.

Jennifer Ashley
http://www.jennifersromances.com

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mazkenzie books are wonderful and I have enjoyed every single. You keep writing them and I will keep reading them. Keep up the fabulous writing!

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Mina Burrows said...

Please explore away! I'm mad for the Mackenzies. Read Untamed Mackenzie and loved it. No surprise there.

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Sounds like a good plan! Maybe another Mackenzie Christmas? I'm looking forward to Sinclair's book, too! Not too long until Daniel's book is out, and I see an ARC contest is going on. :o)

 
At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the MacKenzie's PLEASE keep them coming.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Lady Wesley said...

Jennifer: it would take a lot for me to ever be sick of this series. The Mackenzies are my absolute favorite series in Romancelandia, so keep them coming.

BTW, I fear that Daniel has replaced Cam as my best-loved Mackenzie, which seems kind of incestuous somehow . . . .

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just found your blog and am so happy to read this about the Mackenzies! I love them! I still think Ian is my favorite, followed closely by Hart but each and everyone of them, including the McBrides have a place in my heart! Can't wait to read more about the family and Berkley too! Keep them coming!!

 
At 8:15 PM , Anonymous Ellen Z said...

Just finished Daniel's book, absolutely loved it. I hope you continue and expand the family tree, because I loved the tease to Sinclair's book, I wish I could preorder it on Amazon. I also want to thank you for the Mackenzie's and the McBrides. I love the deep character studies and the really emotional love stories. I get so excited when the library has your new books. Please continue in the historical romance area, I really enjoy them. Thank you for providing me a really enjoyable read so many times. I hope to see more of the MacKenzie series.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home