Friday, December 10, 2004

web sites, manuscripts, and christmas shopping

I'm trying to update and clean up my www.jennifersromances.com site, so forgive some wierdness if you go there.

I am nearly finished with Murder in High Places. Sent the first 100 revised pages off to my crit. partner; trying to revise the second 100 pages. Then I need to write the ending.

Tried to go Christmas shopping today, but after three jaguars and a Lexus nearly ran me down at the upscale shopping center, I quit. I had forgotten all of my discount coupons and cards and so forth anyway. Christmas shopping can be so dangerous.

The cat is better. She has decided she will not eat the food she's liked for most of her life. We've tried various foods and finally found what she will eat--Iams senior canned chicken and rice. My theory is that because she's old, she has trouble smelling. Some cats don't like to eat what they can't smell. Iams chicken and rice stinks to high heaven, so she eats it. Cats rely on their olfactory senses quite a lot; it must be handicapping for her to lose that. But she's eating (knock on wood), and back to her usual perky self.

I got another offer from Dorchester for three more historical romances, plus a contemporary novella for next year's Xmas anthology. I'm thrilled!

The Dorchester site also excerpted The Care and Feeding of Pirates, so that's cool. This is the first of my books that they've excerpted on their site. The same excerpt is on my own site under "Excerpts". (isn't that clever?)

Take care. I'm exhausted and it's only the 10th!!

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com
aka Ashley Gardner
www.gardnermysteries.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home