Thursday, September 29, 2005

dragons coming out of the woodwork

Last year, I got excited about an idea I'd had spinning in my head for some time, revolving around a dragon coming to this world, turning into a sexy human, and falling in love with a heroine. I mulled plot ideas for a long time, at last wrote a proposal, sent it to my agent, and sold it to Berkley a couple months ago.

Now, all the sudden, dragons are everywhere! Gena Showalter just came out with a dragon book. Of course, Katie Mac's series, and now Sherrilyn Kenyon's latest book revolves around a dragonslayer.

I swear I had no idea any of these writers had planned these books!. Weird how so many people can have the same idea at the same time. I held back writing mine a long time, because I thought, a dragon? No one will go for that!

LOL. I sold it, I'm writing it, it's coming out sometime next year from Berkley Sensation. More details as I go. Now I must read everyone's dragon books to 1. entertain myself; 2. make sure I'm not writing the same thing (don't think so, from the blurbs; I think mine's quite different).

Am writing a paranormal historical for Dorchester at the same time. This should be interesting.

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home