Wednesday, May 25, 2005

updates

My blog disappeared a little bit yesterday, but it's back now (obviously).

Been writing up a storm. Turned in two proposals to my agent, one for a historical novel, the other for a paranormal.

Writing hard on Penelope and Prince Charming and Covent Garden Mystery.

Got my advance copies of Confessions of a Lingerie Addict. Yay! Interesting, Dorchester put it out under the Making It imprint after all. Originally it was to have been Love Spell.

I'm glad they did because this book really is more Chick Lit than rom. com. It's a slice-of-life comedy, women's fiction, with romance.

We so need to label romances these days, don't we? It seems like if the cover/title/subgenre isn't readily identifiable, no one will buy it. What happened to just plain old books? (LOL)

Take care,
Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

4 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

Yay, your blog's back! The AZ Repulic had an article this weekend that mentioned niche genres as a growing trend in romance. Soon we'll have a micro-genre for every reader.

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

I saw the same article. I think next I'll write an interracial Regency pirate historical romantic adventure. Wonder if that will fit on the spine...

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Gena Showalter said...

I think your title is FANTASTIC and I'm excited to get my copy of COALA!!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Thanks Gena!! Hope you enjoy it. I finished reading it in book form and was very pleased. Best to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home