Thursday, May 05, 2005

how to avoid writing

1. Write emails about Romantic Times (how much fun it was, how horrible the Millenium hotel was).
2. Post to your blog
3. Post on reader boards
4. Post on writer boards
5. Read page proofs (an excellent excuse, because it has to be done)
6. Scan new book cover
7. Check email
8. Do the dishes
9. Read books (research, right?)
10. Check email.
11. Clean up after the cat
12. Call your mother
13. Stare idly out of the window. Watch neighbor work in his yard.
14. Contemplate doing yard work.
15. Check email.
16. Hold the cat.
17. Call husband.
18. Look up numbers on Amazon and B&N (the more books you have out, the more books you can look up).
19. Go out to lunch.
20. Email agent about something you've already told him.
21. Check email.
22. Stare idly out of the window.

I really wonder how all my books get written. I must write in my sleep, because I can't ever remember doing it. Then voila, I have page proofs and covers.

Let's see, maybe I'll go make some photocopies of my page proofs . . .

Jennifer

5 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

16. Hold the cat.

This is assuming that the cat has forgiven you for being gone, of course. :)

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Exactly! She hasn't forgiven anything. Five a.m. this morning, she threw up right beside the bed.

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Mary Stella said...

You forgot reading and commenting at other writers' blogs. *g* That always works for me!

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Kate Allan said...

Ha ha! You've just about summed up my day. :)

 
At 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Glad it's not just me.

Now I've added watching Buffy to the list. I've never seen it and I read Lani Diane Rich said Buffy taught her more about writing than any class she's ever taken. So now I can justify watching it every day ... ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home