Friday, October 14, 2005

my head hurts

Today I sent a proposal off to one editor, brainstormed another book with another editor, and wrote a chapter of a third book. Way too much thinking! I would love to step back and do some editing/revising, let the other half of my brain take over. But I get on a right-brain roll, and things go.

I burned my lunch while writing, and the only thing left in the house was plain pasta. So many carbs, so little taste. Nothing interesting to put on top of it either. Time to go out, I think.

Ok writers. Have you done things like burning meals while you write? I never know what happens around me while I'm inside my stories.

http://www.jennifersromances.com

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

I love to cook, but I've learned the hard way it doesn't go with writing :-) I've found that I'm pouring so much creative energy into writing that the other things I used to be creative with (cooking, music) are suffering. But that's my choice--to be writer! When I can't or don't want to write any more, I'll bring out the guitars and see if I still remember my chord shapes. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home