Wednesday, October 26, 2005

time management

I'm working on three or four projects at once, so time management is becoming necessary. That means I have to severely limit my time on the Internet, which means I will only update my blogs a couple times a week. I need to update my jennifersromances Web site, but will have to wait. I did manage to write 4200 words on Mad, Bad Duke today, which is good. Need to finish critiquing some contest entries and a synopsis before next week, but I'm going to set aside certain hours of the day to do that, and if it doesn't get done during that time, I have to stop and go back to writing.

It's hard to make that choice, because many of the peripheral things about writing (promotion, blogging, contest judging) are right in front of you and have short deadlines--the tendency is to think that those things are more important than writing a good story.

So I will schedule blocks of time throughout my day to do writing and nothing else, no matter what (barring real emergencies, of course). Wish me luck! I'm going in . . .

www.jennifersromances.com

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

No, it sounds like you didn't suck at all! (LOL) I can't remember everything I did since January, but let's see: Anne Boleyn, the novella for Christmas Cards, Maia (short) for Ellora's Cave, A Covent Garden Mystery, Penelope and Prince Charming, Rio for EC, and will finish two more mss., Mad, Bad Duke and Playing with Fire by the end of the year. Oh, that's way too much for any sane person!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Susan: That's quite a range--from YA to serial killer! It must be fun inside your head. :) Congrats on the YA release. I meant to say so Tuesday, but didn't get the chance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home