Friday, June 09, 2006

ah ha...

I've had so much trouble lately getting in and posting, but perhaps blogger has resolved whatever was wrong (or my ISP has).

Catching up--I had a wonderful birthday on June 1, my husband bought me a dozen pinky orangy reddy roses (very pretty) and took me out to Convivo Bistro, my favorite restaurant. (If ever in Phoenix GO to this restaurant, on the corner of 16th Street and Glendale, behind the Walgreens. The chef is a genius, and he and his wife are so nice, too! Yes, you'll spend money, but yes, it's worth it.)

Still sifting through stuff from RT, and also must apologize for being very behind on reader email. I APPRECIATE AND READ EVERY SINGE EMAIL I GET, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING TIME TO SEND ME LETTERS! Everyone has something kind to say, and I promise I will get through them and answer questions before...well before long. :-)

As usual I am working full steam, and realized today that since January I've turned in four books and a novella. And done revisions on three of them (the novella revisions were taken care of in a few sentences, so I can't count them as "revisions" really.) Not complaining, I love my job. If I'm not writing or editing something I've written, I don't know what to do with myself. Except...

My friend Nancy Freeman has started recording her Stardust County project, a "folk opera" about a werewolf and a rebellious young woman set in an alternative wild west. So the CD commences! Woo hoo!! I will be going to California in Oct. to record my tracks--I'm singing the part of the seen-it-all barmaid Daisy and playing flute on the score. My husband and his beautiful bass voice have a part too (he's one of the villains, moo ha ha).

Nancy writes kick-butt songs, I stand in awe. Let me put it this way, when I need to jump-start my muse, I play something of hers and my imagination starts spinning...

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger Jordan Summers said...

Congratulations on the CD. It sounds like a hoot. Haven't been in a recording studio in a LONG time. :D The restaurant sounds fab. I stand in awe of you, if you've turned in four novels and a novella. :-O Keep up the fantastic work and productivity. Remind me to touch you the next time I see you in case some of it rubs off. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home