Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Autistic/Asperger's characters

Inspector Lewis Sunday night (on PBS), featured a character, an Oxford student, who had Asperger's. The character reminded me very much of Ian Mackenzie! He never looked straight into anyone's eyes, he knew what time he arrived anywhere to the exact minute and how long he stayed, was an artist who could draw anyone rapidly after a quick glance, he knew the social things he was "supposed" to do, but didn't really understand or much care why, and he was the master of the nonsequiter. The actor who portrayed him did a wonderful job. The character gets a lot of air time, and it was a good mystery.

You can watch the show online until September 13:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/lewis/watch.html

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing "The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie" - I just love it - I have read it 3 times since I bought it in May!!
Thank you also for clarifying what Lord Ian has - I thought it could be autism but I wasn't sure - so your comment rigth now clears up that question for me.
This was my first encounter with your writing - I have since read quite a few of your books and look forward to more Mackenzies stories.
Great work!
Sincerely,
L.C. Stewart

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home