Sunday, September 26, 2004

Lizards, AC, and other matters

Retrieved beleagured lizard from air conditioning (it tried to look invisible on top of the filter, so we just carried the filter outside and nudged him or her off), got house clean and food cooked for party, had party. Good party, actually; small but fun.

Now the compressor in the air conditioner has gone out. Thank God it's the end of September and not mid-August, but it's still in the 90s here, so must get it fixed. Ah, the joy of home ownership.

I didn't make my page count on Friday, though I did make up some on Saturday. Real life intervened. Author Bonnie Vanak weathered the storm in Florida last night without much damage, which I was relieved to hear. She was trying to get revisions done on her next book, The Cobra and the Concubine, due out next May I believe (somewhere around there).

I'm going to try today to get my thoughts together on the next Lacey book, Murder in High Places. I have about a hundred pages written, but need to sort out what I've got and what I want to do.

What I'm reading: Started Pamela Britton's Tempted. Pam is a sweetheart and her books are fun to read. She has a strong voice I much admire.

Take care,
Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home