Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the saga continues

The saga of my back continues. Had x-rays and tests and detemined that it's muscular in nature. That's good because while it hurts like all get-out it will heal. If I take it easy. Good thing I love to read and write and listen to music, because that's pretty much all I can do. Can't sleep in a bed, can't walk for very long, housework is out (ok, that's not so bad!), and have to sit only in certain chairs or I blow it. I'm learning to baby myself so this gets better.

Finished a couple of good books lately, Naomi Novik's His Majesty's Dragon. My editor recommended it, and I have to say it's the best fantasy I've read in a long time. It's set during the Napoleonic Wars, but dragons have always existed and now work with "aviators" to fight an arial war with Napoleon. That's the frame story, and the heart of the story is about Captain Laurence and his fantastic dragon. I'm looking forward to the next.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Emma Holly's All U Can Eat. I love cozy mysteries, and this is one with eroticism on top of it. Humor and fun and murder and menage a trois. What more can you ask for? :-) And I loved the hero. What a sweet guy--tough small town cop whose been through bad times and falls in love with a woman he never thinks will be interested in him. And those guys from the garage... I was laughing my butt off. A quite enjoyable read.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OK, back to writing, resting the back, and listening to Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home