Thursday, February 10, 2005

updates and author reviews

I'm lax about posting, but only cause I'm so dang busy! I am working now to finish a novella for Christmas Cards from the Edge out from Dorch. next Christmas. Yes, now that Christmas has come and gone, I get to do it all over again! That and I'm working frantically on Anne Boleyn. But loving it.

I'm distressed because I see on reader boards that many people think authors post their own reviews at Amazon and the like. Yes, there was a stink last year when a few authors were caught posting rave reviews about themselves. But there were only a few. Unfortunately, now people assume ALL authors do this.

No!! MOST authors don't. Heck, I'm way too busy writing or keeping up my Web site and my blog to bother posting pseudo reviews about myself on the Internet. That's what my site and blog are for, to flap my gums about how wonderful I think my books are. I can flap my gums all I want--you all will say, yeah, yeah, we're happy for you, pat, pat, pat.

If you read the books, you'll either like them or you won't. If you like one, please try the others; you might like them too. If you don't like the book, you don't like it, and what can I do?

I am annoyed at those few authors who decided that anything done in the spirit of self-promotion is ok. You can get caught up in self-promotion madness, and believe me, it's an insane place.

When it comes down to it, what's going to make readers read a book is a great story with great characters. That's all.

Speaking of that, I really gotta get my butt back to work.

Love,

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home